1. Monday, June 28, 2021: We transition to green zone status in all areas of our diocese. From this date forward, all our places of worship will be permitted to have a maximum of 250 participants in attendance at each Mass, this number not including liturgical servers. The order applies to the place of worship as a whole, regardless whether it has separate entrances.
• According to the new provisions of our archdiocese and the government, the participants in the liturgical celebrations can reach the maximum number of 250 faithful, always respecting the distance of two meters, except for families living in the same house. Wearing the mask is still mandatory even in church. Taking into account the social distance of two meters, in Madre dei Cristiani, we could welcome 60 faithful in the temple, on the second floor 25 faithful, and in the chapel 12 faithful; a total of 100 people, more or less. In the main hall downstairs, it is possible to add another 50 or 60 people. We are still required to keep a record of the participants in our celebrations.
• Masks and distancing: The wearing of a procedure mask is still mandatory. A distance of two metres must be maintained at all times between persons from different households.
• Singing in the congregation: This remains prohibited for the time being.
2.Guidelines in effect starting June 28, 2021
• Outdoor Masses: the same rules apply here as for places of worship in the green zone, including: a maximum of 250 people may attend; distancing of two metres must be observed; and masks must be worn at all times.
• Communions and Confirmations: First Communions and Confirmations in the green zone may be attended by a maximum of 100 participants, not including liturgical servers. These celebrations may be held as part of a Sunday or weekday Mass.
• Baptisms, Weddings and funerals: These celebrations, including burials, may be attended by up to a maximum of 250 persons. However, taking into account the social distance of two meters, in Madre dei Cristiani Church, we could welcome 60 faithful in the temple, on the second floor 25 faithful, and in the chapel 12 faithful; a total of 100 people, more or less. In the Church Hall downstairs, it is possible to add another 50 or 60 people. Please note that people in the congregation are required to remain seated throughout the service.
o Condolences in the church: There can be a "rotation" of people offering their sympathies and then leaving the church, allowing for others to follow suit. The important thing is never to have more than 50 people in the church at any given time.
o Families are requested to respect the rules in effect pertaining to private gatherings.
3. Confessions, First Communion and Confirmation
Confessions of the children will be held sometime during the month of July. First Communion and Confirmation will be held during the month of August starting with the last Saturday of July 2021. The schedule will be as follows: (subject to change depending on restrictions)
Saturday, July 31, 2021:
01:00 pm - group 1
Saturday, August 7, 2021:
10:00 am - group 2
02:00 pm - group 3
Saturday, August 14, 2021:
10:00 am - group 1
02:00 pm - group 2
Saturday, August 21, 2021:
10:00 am - group 3
02:00 pm - group 4
4. Catechism Registration
Registration for the Catechism Program taking place at Mother of Christians Church is now taking place for students entering Grade 2 and Grade 5 in September 2021. Click on documents in the menu at the top of the web page and find the Catechism Registration form for 20121 to be completed. Note that this form page is 8.5" X 14" (legal size paper). Please print out and complete the Registration Form and return to the Church on:
Monday, July 12, 2021 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm in Church
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm in Church
All registrations must be accompanied with the child's baptism certificate. For information or questions regarding the Catechism program, please contact Program Coordinator, Agnese Vilone at 514 363-2707 or email her at email@example.com .
N.B. For information concerning Confessions prior to receiving the Holy Eucharist CLICK HERE to view/download a PDF document.
5. Special donations to our church. Since we cannot have any collections during the pandemic, we are asking all our parishioners to contribute generously by placing their donations in the boxes placed at the entrance of the church.
You may also donate electronically anytime on our website by clicking the yellow “Donate Now” button at the top menu and after completing the online form, you will automatically receive an income tax receipt to you, by email.
Thank-you for your support !
We are the Pastoral Unit for the two Italian Missions in the southwest of Montreal. The same priests are ministering to the following two Italian Missions and to the Latino Community at Madre dei Cristiani Church:
1) “Madre dei Cristiani” – 7935 rue Lefebvre, Lasalle QC H8N 2A9
Telephone : 514-365-2830
2) “Annunziata” – 4360 rue Broadway, Lachine QC H8T 1V2
Telephone : 514 634-2174
Click here for our Facebook site
Reverend Joseph Fugolo, c.s. – Pastor
Reverend Jairo Alfonso Avila – Associate Pastor
(Special pastoral care to the Latino Community in LaSalle)
Telephone : 514 365-2830
Fax : 514 365-5719
OFFICE SUMMER HOURS
9 AM – 3 PM (CLOSED between 12 PM -1 PM )
OPEN: MONDAY to THURSDAY
CLOSED: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays